This post is also available in: Español
Facial vitamin C serum
One of the things that affects the skin as we get older, are spots. Usually, those begin to appear after 40. However, we must realize that if we expose the skin to the sun for a long time, it will get spots over time. This is why it is very important to use sunscreen, even if we are inside our home.
The spots are a problem, since it gives us damage skin appearance. But, it is not a problem to our physical aspect, it can also affect us in terms of health. In case you didn’t know, some of these spots can turn into skin cancer. But in this article I am not going to elaborate much on this topic because I already have other articles talking about the effects of skin blemishes.
Rather, I want to focus on how to remove these spots from the face and prevent them from appearing in the future. So, today I bring you an effective homemade vitamin c serum recipe that you will enjoy.
You can find these serum in stores, but is usually expensive. However, to our relief, there is an inexpensive and natural way to prepare our own vitamin C serum for the face at home. Even better, without having to spend part of our salary on it. In addition to that, we keep control of the ingredients we are using. In this way, we make sure that everything is natural.
Before we begin, I want you to know the benefits of vitamin C for the skin. As well as, some things to keep in mind before preparing your own facial serum. So we start.
Benefits of vitamin c for the face
People who suffer from skin blemishes or uneven skin tone can greatly benefit from the use of a vitamin C serum. Similarly, if you suffer from acne scars, this remedy can help to clear them up.
This is because vitamin C is high in antioxidants. As you may know, antioxidants helps regenerate damaged skin cells while keeping the effects of free radicals at bay.
It is important to mention, that vitamin C also has other elements that offer healing properties for the skin. For example, it is potent in acids which helps promote collagen and elastin productions in the skin. As you may know, collagen and elastin are the ones that help keep our skin firm and avoid the signs of aging.
As if that were not enough, and this is the part that interests us about this article, it has properties that inhibit melanin production, which causes spots on the skin.
Things to keep in mind before applying vitamin C serum
- Make the serum in small batches to prevent the product from expiring over time.
- Always save the product in a dark glass dropper and store it in a dark place, such as the medicine cabinet.
- Discard the product that turns yellow or rusty over time, just make a new one. NEVER use a product that has lost its color or has a foul smell.
- The first time you use this serum, apply it only in a small area on your face to see if you have any adverse reaction. Remember, like all products, all skins react differently. If you experience any adverse reaction, rinse promptly and discontinue its use.
Having said that, are you ready to make Vitamin C Serum for the Face ? Just keep reading
Homemade Vitamin C Serum Recipe
- 1. Distilled water
- 2. Powdered Vitamin C (purchase only Vitamin C – L ascorbic Acid). Do not use vitamin C pills because it is not the same, nor does it work the same.
- 3. Vegetable Glycerin
- 4. A dark glass bottle or dropper
- In a mixing container, add 1 teaspoon of distilled water and 1/2 teaspoon of Vitamin C – L ascorbic acid powder.
- Mix everything and store in a dark place for at least 1 hour so that the powder is diluted.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin and mix all the ingredients.
- Pour it in the dark glass bottle or dropper and store it in a dark place until you use it.
How to apply the homemade vitamin C serum
Use this product ONLY at night. After washing the face and before the moisturizer, add a few drops of the serum to your fingers and apply it to the entire face. You will see results after a few weeks. Remember to use sunscreen next morning.
If you liked this article, I invite you to read “Homemade facial serum to fight wrinkles” (Coming Soon). Or, if you want to know more about the benefits of Vitamin C serum, you can read: 11 reasons to add vitamin C serum to your skin care routine.